Any person who has sustained any kind/type of any injury whilst in Queensland, may be entitled to claim compensation, so long as there has been negligence on the part of another party, be it an employer, practitioner, land owner, landlord or motor vehicle driver to name but a few.  You are able to make a claim no matter where you currently live, so long as the accident occurred whilst in Queensland and generally, was not longer than 3 years ago.  Minors are also able to appoint a litigation guardian (usually a parent) so that they too can lodge a claim for personal injuries compensation so as to protect their future interests.